Choosing the right couples photographer is important. The best way to make this choice is by asking yourself some questions about your relationship and how you want to capture it.
Check the Photographer's Portfolio
As you browse through portfolios, look for a variety of shots. You want to see different styles and scenes that show what they can do in various situations.
Look at the photographer's Instagram page. This is a great way to get an idea of their style and personality!
How much experience do they have?
Experience is important. This is one of the reasons why some couples photographers have been in business for a long time. They have built up a good portfolio and they have had years of experience that can help you have the best moments captured during your wedding day.
Experience matters because it shows that they know what they are doing when it comes to photography, which means they will be able to take the right photos at the right time. In addition, if you hire someone who has been in this industry for several years, then you can expect them to know how to use different kinds of equipment properly so as not to ruin any shots or cause any problems on your wedding day.
What's your gut feel?
When choosing your photographer, consider how comfortable you feel in their presence. If you don’t feel at ease with them, then it might not be the right fit for you. It may just be a case of nerves or feeling awkward being photographed at all, but if there is an undercurrent of tension then you should look elsewhere.
On the other hand, if the photographer makes you feel comfortable and relaxed while they are capturing shots of your couplehood – then that’s definitely a good sign that they are right for you!
These tips will help you pick a couples photographer that suits your needs and style.
- Use a photographer with experience.
- Make sure the photographer is a good fit for you.
- Ask about how many pictures you'll get and how you'll receive them.
- Discuss lighting before the shoot.
- Talk about outfits beforehand, including shoes and accessories that complement each other well. Let your photographer know what ideas for poses come to mind for your shoot, so he/she can prepare accordingly!
Make sure your photographer is the right fit for you.
The first and most important thing is to make sure your photographer is the right fit for you.
Before booking anyone, look through their portfolio and see if they have any work that really speaks to you. If not, keep looking! (This step may require going through a lot of portfolios).
You should also ask about how long they have been in business and if they have any references or testimonials from past clients. You don't want to hire someone who has just started out or doesn't have experience photographing couples yet!
Also, find out if they understand the type of shoot you're planning and what style works best for YOU!
Ask about how many pictures you'll get, and how you'll receive them.
Ask about how many pictures you'll get, and how you'll receive them. There are a lot of photographers who will only provide a few photos from your session, so if that's what you’re looking for, make sure to ask about it. You can also ask about the cost of the shoot. Some photographers charge by the hour or an hourly rate with a minimum.Others may have packages for different types of shoots like engagement shoots or weddings at different prices and with different amounts of edited images included in them. Finally, discuss how long it will take to get your photos after your session—some photographers can deliver edited images as quickly as three weeks after your shoot while others have longer lead times depending on their schedule.
Discuss lighting before the shoot.
Lighting is a very important part of photography. Lighting can make or break a photo, so it’s important to hire a photographer who understands lighting and has a plan.
- Discuss with your photographer what kind of lighting he/she will use before the shoot.
- Ask about backup plans if any problems arise with the first plan for lighting.
Talk about outfits beforehand.
When it comes to your outfits and what to wear, there are a few things that you will want to consider.
- The Engagement Shoot - For the engagement shoot, it's important that both of you look good together in photos. This is why it's so important for you and your partner to get on board with this idea beforehand! For example, if one of you wants to wear jeans while the other wants a suit—make sure they're both comfortable enough in their own clothing choice before the day of shooting so they don't end up looking awkward in their pictures together. Also try not wearing any costumes; just keep things simple and stick with what's comfortable for everyone involved (and make sure whatever outfit styles/colors etc., match!).
- The Wedding Day - You'll want something memorable as well but also appropriate for an entire day filled with festivities at different locations throughout the venue area(s) where your wedding ceremony or reception will take place (church halls or other venues).
Let the photographer know your ideas for poses.
Let the photographer know your ideas for poses. If you have a Pinterest board, or even just a few images printed out, show those to the photographer and ask if they can recreate any of them. You’ll want to know that they understand what kind of shots you’re looking for before the wedding day begins!
But don’t forget that posing is also important! Many couples photographers will work with you to come up with creative posing ideas. A good place to start is by thinking about how much space there is between people in an image: some couples prefer larger gaps between themselves and their partner while others like being very close together (sometimes even nose-to-nose).
Your photographer will help you create photos you love!
Your photographer will help your day go smoothly, and they’ll take excellent photographs. So it’s important to find someone who is reliable and patient. If they sound like a good fit for your wedding day, contact them with any questions that come up.
That's it! Just make sure you're picking a photographer who is the right fit for your style and needs. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them. I hope this guide has helped you find the perfect couples photographer for your next shoot!
If you're interested in learning more about budget-friendly options for your couples photography, please contact us today! We'd be happy to chat with you about our packages and discounts.
Thank you for reading!
Affordable Couples photography by Fungirlwithacamera Photography. Hope from Fungirlwithacamera Photography specializes in affordable couples photography.